Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What I've Learned and Who I Miss

I haven't posted lately and I am sorry, I have either been busy with school, friends and writing. Which is good that I am writing more because I missed it. I need to start writing and reading more because I have been slacking the past couple months on that. So far the new start of my semester at school is good. I am in a art class and I am not an art person at all. I mean I paint and make collages and do a little sculpting here and there for some stimulations but when it comes to drawing something, Ha yeah I can't do it and if I do, it looks like crap smeared on the street.

It is Wenesday and I haven't seen Alix since last Saturday. It was our one month on Super Bowl Sunday. For as weird as it may sound but it doesn't piss me off or make me sad I haven't seen Alix because I trust her, and I trust that she doesn't have to be around me all the time to make me feel secure, like I really can trust her. But I miss her a lot, I really like being around her and spending time with her. I think I said it best yesterday to my friend. "Alix is the type of person where when I am around her, all my problems and thoughts don't matter because she makes me feel so happy to the point that nothing matters." quote, unquote. I mean I don't know if I do that for her, but she really does that to me. I hope that I get to see her this weekend because it's Valentines day weekend and since I didn't get to see her on our one month it would be a good re-emburstment to see her this weekend. But who knows. Alls I know is I miss her a lot and I think thats good I have the ability to miss her when she isn't around because that just makes me see just how important she is to me. I don't know but alls I know is I want a big hug and kiss from her, that would really ease my heart a little.

Yesterday before school she called me just to tell me to have a good day. I got to say, It made my day and my smile hurt because I really loved hearing her voice and hearing something considerate from someone that I know cares about me. Also yesterday I called her to make sure she was happy and if she was ok with me and her and I was gonna wait to ask her those questions when I saw her next but I don't know exactly when thats going to be so I figured I would just ask on the phone and I think she liked that :).

You know what would really make my life right now? Seeing Alix's smile and hearing her laugh and I also want me a Marlboro Menthol or a Newport. HAHA

Today I have a snow day. Flint got almost 5 inches. Thats a shit ton for one night. I am glad we got a snow day because I needed to get some sleep and also I needed to just sit and chill and get up my own time, shower and relax without a time limit of school or having any obligations. I mean I am a get up and go type of person. I am always down to hang out and go on adventures and try new things and learn new things but sometimes I like to take my mornings slow and smell the roses and remind myself that I am still human and that sometimes I need to slow down and reflect.

But today I hung out with my friends and talked for a while and I got a bunch of new music on my Ipod. I love updating my playlist. It's nice to have new songs and discover newer music. I love music. I love reading about music. I have read a lot of books in my life, I love to read Shakespeare and some of the classics like this year I read the translated version of the Canterbury Tales and I really enjoyed it. But when I go into Barnes & Noble I either go straight to the gay and lesbian section, non-fiction/fiction, Music or History section OR I go straight to the comic books (I am a sucker for Batman). But since I have gotten older my mind has expanded and the authors that use to be my favorite aren't really anymore except for one and that is Ronald Dahl and if you don't know who he is. He wrote Matilda, BFG, Willy Wonka series and Danny the Champion of the World and many more. But I will always love Ronald Dahl's work.

Wow, this blog today is so all over the place, but it's actually kind of nice to be all over the place sometimes.

OH!, I learned a new word the other day that I really like and the word is Sublunary Lovers. It means that when love changes and matures, the lovers change and mature with it. It's basically a word that means adapting to different stages of love. haha.

Today I also learned about an artist that was born in Detroit, Michigan and his name is Ray Johnson and he did mail art. He did paintings, collages and some very unique drawings and to be honest he I found him very interesting and inspirational. He was born in 1927 and he killed himself in 1997. He was 67 years old. He killed himself in such an artist way too. He jumped into a river in New York during January and drowned to death. He Died on January 13th, 1995. I guess his death has everything todo with the number 13. Like his age 6+7=13 and January 13th. But I found him to very interesting. I think I might just end up doing more research on him. I love learning new things. I think thats what keeps me alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment